1 tablespoon melted butter
1/2 medium chopped onion
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups half-and-half cream
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 lb fresh broccoli
1 cup carrot, julienned
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
1. Sauté onion in butter. Set aside.
2. Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and add the half & half.
3. Add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper. Can be puréed in a blender but I don’t. Return to heat and add cheese. Stir in nutmeg.
**This sounds amazing, and as soon as i go grocery shopping, i’m making it :)**
They cooked all day in the slow cooker, and smelt SO good.
But they came out terrible. I’m not even going to post the recipe. My husband I were NOT impressed. Hopefully I’ll come up with something better for tomorrow for you guys!
**This was submitted by esthermontanez**
What you’ll need!
- 2 5 oz bag of hormel pepperoni minis
- 1 box of jumbo shells (they last me about 2-3 “recipes”)
- marinara sauce (i buy preggo, the mushroom one, and the big bottle because i make spaghetti and pasta too)
- 1 can of mushrooms
- 1-2 bags shredded mozzarella cheese
How to make it!:
Mix the pepperoni, mushrooms, some cheese, and some sauce while the shells are cooking (i usually make 10-12 shells for one meal) and preheat the over to 350. Then once the shells are cooked, run them under cold water a bit to cool them down for handling. Stuff the mixture into the shells and line them up on a baking tray. put sauce over them and a layer of cheese then put them in the oven for 15 mins until the cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!
We are waiting until our food stamps come through to go grocery shopping, so we’ve been living on ramen and chicken nuggets for the last few days. I promise, as soon as we get some money in, I’ll go grocery shopping and start cooking again. Thank you for your patience!